We had so much fun talking with you all about how you eat our pizza, that we decided to keep the trend going! We dove headfirst into the internet to see the way people are eating pasta and here are a few suggestions.
**Did you miss our blog on the different ways to eat pizza? You can check it out here!
How to Properly Eat Pasta
Our favorite article we found on the subject is from MakeBestPasta.com. According to Britain’s etiquette expert, Emily Post, there are three “proper” ways that you should eat spaghetti:
- Twirling a few noodles on a fork
- Twirling a few noodles between a fork and spoon
- Cutting the noodles with a knife and eating them with a fork
However, there are many people that disagree with this. Most Italians seem to say that the ONLY way to eat spaghetti is by twirling it with a fork, and a fork alone. “Eating the spaghetti in this manner [with a spoon] is only for children, amateurs, and those who do not possess good table manners.”
They also state that cutting the pasta is a huge faux pas that you should avoid at all costs—especially if you’re in public!
What Else You Need to Know
In addition to how to eat pasta, here are a few other useful things they believe you should remember when eating this Italian dish.
- Pastas with little nooks and crannies deserve a chunkier sauce.
- If you are eating a seafood or fish pasta, skip the cheese.
- Eat your pasta first, then your salad. “The pasta is the main attraction and it deserves to be the star. In Italy, the pasta is always served first and alone. Everything else comes after.”
Are You an Expert Pasta Eater?
Let us know if you agree or disagree with the suggestions made by MakeBestPasta.com and make a reservation to come show off your pasta eating skills with us soon!