Making homemade fresh pasta can become easy with the proper tools. At Mulino Italian Kitchen & Bar, our pasta is made with history and modern techniques.
Our tools came from Italy, but they can make your dinner here in Raleigh tonight! Make a reservation at the button below and keep reading for some of our favorite pasta-making tools.
If you are going to try making your own pasta at home, here are a few of the tools we recommend.
- Rolling Cutter – You can see our rolling cutter in Samad’s hand in the picture above. We use it when making stuffed pastas such as ravioli, tortellini, and more. The ruffled edges on pasta dishes can usually be attributed to the rolling cutter.
- Ravioli Stamp Maker – If you have your heart set on ravioli, this tool is a must-have. With a stamp maker, you are able to cut perfect sized pasta pockets that can be filled with whatever you choose!
- Bench Scraper – A bench scraper is used to divide your dough evenly and it even can be used to help mix ingredients. Make sure you choose one that is non-stick.
- Pasta Machine – Whether you choose an electrical pasta machine or a hand-crank pasta maker, you need to make sure it is accurate. You want to select one that cuts down on the amount of pasta waste.
- Sac à Pouche – The sac à pouche allows you to spread your pasta filling as the shape requires.
Leave it to the Professionals
Pasta-making can be a lot of fun but if you are looking for homemade pasta without the work, let us take care of it for you. Check out the pictures above of our owner, Samad Hachby, making some of our pasta dishes and make a reservation to join us for dinner tonight!